GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
These are the rewards which the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit has been commanded by God to give unto the Faithful. Each gifts qualifies itself and is qualified by the others.
Example: One who fears the Lord, is pious and thus is fortuitous in life, proving his faith. Thereby, Knowledge and Understanding are given to him as befits the discretion of the Lord. Counsel and Wisdom follow thereafter.
- Fear of the Lord (Humility)
FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
These are the noble qualities or virtues that the Faithful must have. Thereupon, according to the discretion of the Lord, they shall receive the above Gifts.
- Charity (also, Caritas, “Loving-kindness”)
CAPITAL SINS AND OPPOSED VIRTUES
- Pride | Humility
- Covetousness | Liberality
- Lust | Chastity
- Anger | Meekness
- Gluttony | Temperance
- Envy | Brotherly Love
- Sloth | Diligence
- Love (Charity, See. FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT)
CHARISMATIC GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT
These are Gifts given by the Spirit for the Ministry of God, ordained and lay alike.
- Utterance expressing Wisdom
- Utterance expressing Knowledge
- Working of Miracles
- Power of Distinguishing Spirits
- Different Tongues
- Interpretation of Tongues